Wednesday, January 21, 2009

1/12 - 1/18 Eulogy and Bolt




















Thoughts:

Not terrible, but I expected more. However, it was worth the watch for some, very limited, comical moments.


What I Learned:
It is impossible to suspend disbelief when the twist at the end is so goddamned ridiculous that you want to slap the writer in the face.

I heart Zooey Deschanel. Even though this movie fell mildly flat, her performance, in my opinion, saved it. And kept me watching, when I would have otherwise shut it off.

Ray Romano seems to be incapable of playing anyone other than Ray Romano...although, it's okay. I can deal with that.






Thoughts:
Why, much like my lunch options when I go out to eat at work, can't I seem to see a movie that gives me that "My life will be forever changed" feeling? Granted, I didn't actually expect this from Bolt. But seriously...I thought at the very least that I would walk away feeling a little mushy. I actually walked out with morning breath and drool crusted to my chin. Yes...I fell asleep in the middle of the film.

What I Learned:
Above all, my fondness on the awkward jerky movements of pigeons was so well-represented in this film that I can't give it no stars at all. Pigeons are hilarious. Thank God I'm in Chicago...pigeons pigeons everywhere.

Miley Cyrus drives me nuts. One minute, I think she's all right. The next? I want to give her a mullet like her dad used to have.

I can attest to the fact that hamsters are badass. This movie captures that, which I wholeheartedly appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment