Wednesday, February 11, 2009

1/19/09 - 1/25/09: Bridget Jones's Diary





















Thoughts:
I've seen this movie before, and I really do enjoy it. For once, a good review from me. Strange, I know. Although she's a little more "biological clock" than I consider myself to be (for the record, after seeing "He's Just Not That into You" I've dubbed myself "The Un-girl" but more on that later...), there are characteristics about her that mirror me in so many ways. More specifically, her awkwardness.

What I Learned:
There will be at least one time in everyone's life that he or she will:
1. Show up at a party inappropriately dressed due to not getting the memo.
2. Be caught in the most hideous pair of underwear at the worst time.
3. Make a complete ass of themselves, only to find that there's at least one person on this planet that can appreciate it.

A lot of folks seem to have some sort of disdain for Renee Zellweger. Maybe it's that, "I just took a huge bite out of a lemon" look perpetually etched on her face. I don't know. But I think, at least in this movie, that's she's alright in my book. Also, anyone who commits to a role to the point of purposely gaining a lot of weight is pretty awesome.

I am forever done with the Daniel Cleaver's of this world. Sodding idiots.

No comments:

Post a Comment