Wednesday, February 11, 2009

1/29/09 - 2/1/09: Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason





















Thoughts:

Again, I've seen this one before too. But unlike its predecessor, I don't care for this movie all that much. At first I thought it was because the first time I saw it was on a date with a guy I dated for way too long...and for all the wrong reasons. Turns out, I just really think this sequel blows. Especially after watching the two films basically back to back. I recommend you NOT do this. There was definitely some logic in play when they released these films about 3 years apart.


What I Learned:
Just because an original film has memorable moments that really worked does not mean you must repeat them, almost identically, in the sequel. I can forgive the repeated moment in the beginning of the film, because on most levels, it works...but as for the rest? Come up with something new, for Pete's sake.

It is ludicrous to think that after only 4 weeks of dating, a woman would be EXPECTING an engagement. Wtf?

This film does have its moments, like the Thai prison scene, for example. But overall it felt like the Bridget Jones that I adore was missing. However, I think Renee Zellweger gained even more weight for this film than the previous one, thereby keeping her alright in my book. Also, from now on, I will refer to my thicker sections as "wobbly bits."

No comments:

Post a Comment