Wednesday, February 25, 2009

2/16/09 - 2/22/09: The 81st Annual Academy Awards





















Let me preface this entry by saying that I am well aware that this is NOT a movie. But it IS a celebration of movies, and therefore I do not count my not watching an actual movie* this week as breaking my resolution.

*I actually attempted to watch 3 movies this week, but didn't devote my full attention and/or fell asleep. And no, blogging about the Oscars is in no way** an attempt to try to cover for myself and my lack of keeping my resolution.

**Blogging about the Oscars is a partial attempt to cover for myself for my lack of keeping my resolution.

Anyways...



Thoughts:

I came into this not expecting too much. I'd only seen 2 Best Picture nominees, and I was in the middle of doing laundry. Good thing, as this year's Oscars were pretty crappy. Of course, for the past few years (minus last year...last year I have no excuse for not watching) I've attended an Oscar party...and perhaps the free drinks and fancy attire made those shows seem better than this year's.

Actually, I doubt that.

If you'd like a "play-by-play" of sorts, feel free to check out the Live Blog I participated in during the show at: www.critical-end.com. Logan, Ryan, and the rest of the Live Blog viewers made the Oscars a lot more fun to watch. (Of course, the French Asian guy was funny in his own regard...but the commentary didn't hurt one bit.)

What I learned:

Goldie Hawn now has four breasts, apparently.

Beyonce killed the musical.

It is very possible that I do, in fact, have good taste in films. I really enjoyed Slumdog Millionaire...and it was eating up the competition left and right. Jai Ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment